Automated Refrigerated Food Lockers provide more convenient food for anyone in need. Food insecure community members living in Beverly, Manchester, Hamilton, Wenham and Essex are able to pick up food they’ve ordered online through Beverly Bootstraps’ SmartChoice system with 24-hour access to the lockers.
If you are having trouble registering or placing an order, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 978-927-1561.
Once you place your order:
- Look for a confirmation email or text message that your order has been fulfilled.
- Once your order has been placed in a locker, you will have 24 hours to pick up your food.
- Once at the lockers, click “Start” on the kiosk screen and enter your 6-digit confirmation code, or scan your order’s QR code.
- Lockers containing your order will unlock (Your order’s locker location will also be highlighted on the kiosk screen).
- Retrieve your order and ensure that the locker door has been securely shut.
- Touch “Finish pickup” on the kiosk screen.
No, we encourage everyone to use our Food Pantry for a more personalized choice to suit your household’s needs better. If you have a week where you cannot access the Food Pantry, you are encouraged to use the food lockers.
Clients may place an order once every week.
Current residents living in our service area (Beverly, Manchester, Hamilton, Wenham and Essex) may use our food lockers.
If you live outside of our service area, please call 978-927-1561 and we will help you find food resources near you.
If you are not currently registered to receive food through our Food Assistance program at Beverly Bootstraps, you must fill out an online “New Client” form. Click here to fill it out >>
The form will ask basic questions about you and your household. We aim to process “New Client” profiles within 2 business days.
Current shoppers already have a profile and can place an order by logging in with their Shopper ID and Pin (more information on this is below).
You will get an email with your Shopper ID and Pin once your profile has been created. You will then have access to our SmartChoice ordering system.
Please email email@example.com for your Shopper ID and Pin. You will receive an email response with your information.
You will be prompted to select 2 pm as your pickup time when placing your order. Your order will be placed in the locker by 2 pm, and you will have 24 hours to pick it up.
Our inventory will vary, but we typically offer the following types of items:
- Fresh fruit & produce
- Milk, eggs
- Cereal, oatmeal
- Pasta, rice & bread
- Canned fruits & vegetables
- Tuna/canned meat & beans
- Peanut butter & mac and cheese
- Other non-food items
Unfortunately, due to the temperature controls of the Food Lockers, we are unable to provide frozen items.